2 Fillets of Salmon
1 Cup Peronnaise
1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cover baking dish (you can use a casserole dish) with aluminum foil.
3. Pat salmon fillets dry with paper towel.
4. Lightly sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper.
3. Spread Peronnaise (recipe above) all over the top of each fillet. You can just use a butter knife or the back of a spoon. Try to get a layer of peronnaise about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Place sliced mushrooms and on top of the peronnaise of each fillet.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
6. Turn oven to Broil and Broil for 2 minutes - watching closely!
7. Remove from oven to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Keeping salmon juicy while ensuring it is fully cooked is not as hard as you might think. I have found that 425 for 12 minutes is perfect! There is nothing more disappointing than cutting into your salmon and finding a light pink, dried out interior. Also keep in mind that the salmon will continue to cook for a few minutes after it is taken out of the oven. You can always put the fish back in if you need to, so don't forget about it and leave it in too long!